Cream of potatoes and onions with crispy bacon and Provolone Valpadana PDO strong
With the arrival of autumn, we want to indulge ourselves with a first course that smothers us in taste. So, we thought of preparing a cream of potatoes and onions with crispy bacon and the ever-popular Provolone Valpadana PDO strong. Here's how to make it.
- 600 g of potatoes
- 600 ml of vegetable broth
- 150 g of bacon slices
- 100 g of Provolone Valpadana PDO strong
- 80 g of butter
- 4 onions
- 2 carrots
- Salt and pepper
- Firstly, clean and peel the potatoes, onions and carrots.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into chunks, the onions into slices.
- Put the butter in a high-sided pan and turn on a low flame.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan and let them brown for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the hot vegetable broth and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Blend everything with an immersion blender and season with salt.
- Brown the bacon in a pan, without adding other fat.
- Once the browning is over, place the bacon on kitchen paper and chop it coarsely.
- Pour the soup into bowls, garnish it with the bacon and a drizzle of oil.
- Complete the work by adding flakes of Provolone Valpadana PDO strong and sprinkling with black pepper.
- Our cream of potatoes and onions with crispy bacon and Provolone Valpadana PDO strong is ready for serving!